If you are searching for somewhere warmer to spend the holidays or if the cold has finally taken its toll, pack your bags, grab the sunscreen and a picnic basket and head for the Caribbean. The Caribbean Beaches are the perfect place to escape Old Man Winter’s frigid torture and you can find usually find budget travel deals this time of year. With cheap airline tickets to discount hotel rooms, running away to the Caribbean Beaches is the best way to spend the winter. Airlines Northwest can help you find hotel deals and book cheap flights to these top beaches. Continue reading
- The vehicle you own might be a small, sporty two-door coupe. It doesn’t have enough trunk space to handle your luggage and all the other stuff you’ll need to bring on a road trip. And a car like this is great fun to drive, but it doesn’t have the most comfortable ride on the highway. Why not rent a roomy, comfy late-model SUV, luxury car or minivan instead of being overly cramped and suffering through every bump in the road? That’s an especially smart strategy if you’ll be traveling with several other people.
- Let’s say you and your family are taking a trip to a destination that’s several hundred miles away from your home. Why drive there and put all that excess wear and tear on your own car? Over time, that’s just going to bump up your maintenance and repair costs. Rent a car instead.
- Again, let’s say you’re planning a trip to a distant destination. Why drive there at all when you can fly and save so much of your precious vacation time? Car rentals are available at most airports. You’ll be able to spend more time seeing the sights at your destination (and less time just getting there).
- Maybe you don’t mind driving your own car, but it’s being repaired at a bad time or you’re not sure it will make the trip without breaking down. Rent a car instead.
- Or maybe you’re driving to a place where the roads are very rough. For example, part of the road to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon is suitable only for 4x4s. Rent one instead of risking damage to your own car. Continue reading
Having car rentals available is important for people who are traveling to almost any destination. Yes, of course there are exceptions: trips to Antarctica spring immediately to mind. A rental car wouldn’t do you much good there. Or, if you’re planning a trip to explore the wilds of the Amazon by boat, a rental car would be useless. A car also wouldn’t help if you’re about to set out on a trek in the high Himalayas. Continue reading
Founded by the ancient Romans to defend the strategic shores of England’s Thames River, London has a history that’s long and proud. Over the course of the years it became the seat of power for English kings and queens. Eventually it became the heart of “the empire on which the sun never sets” – the far-flung British Empire. Today, London is the United Kingdom’s political and cultural capital.
It’s also one of the world’s great cities. London offers a magnificent mixture of amazing architecture, history, world-class art galleries, museums and theaters, royal pageantry, pulsating nightlife, and modern amenities. It’s also a multicultural city where you’re almost as likely to see a native Pakistani or Kenyan as you are a native Briton. Because of its extreme cultural diversity, you can find restaurants, pubs, cafés and other eating establishments that feature virtually any type of food. An online booking service like the one operated by Airlines Northwest can bring you from anywhere in the world to all of this. Continue reading
Until 1997, Hong Kong was a British Crown Colony, but now it’s one of two “Special Administrative Regions” of the People’s Republic of China (neighboring Macau is the other). Both Hong Kong and Macau operate under a different political system than other portions of China, and their residents enjoy more civil liberties than people in other Chinese cities. In many ways, Hong Kong is a place where the East meets the West and the Old meets the New. This is a city where a traditional Chinese tailor’s shop or backstreet market is likely to be less than a block away from a modern, Western-style shopping mall or skyscraper. Continue reading