Airlines Northwest can help you find the best hotel deals and cheap airline tickets for your trip Washington, DC this fall. Fall is an excellent time to visit our nation’s capital especially if you are searching for a budget travel destination that offers a lot for your money. Autumn is the perfect time to visit Washington to enjoy the beautiful fall leaves and catch a Redskins game at FedEx Field. From September through November, Washington is busy with fun fall events for the entire family. It is also a bit less crowded because school is back in session so many DC hotels offer discount packages and travel deals to entice autumn visitors to the city. Below are just a few of the exciting events that you can attend in addition to the free attractions that Washington DC offers year round.
- National Book Festival – This annual event is hosted by the Library of Congress and takes place on the National Mall. The two-day festival includes special readings by renowned artists, book signings, special workshops and family activities.
- Taste of DC – Each October, you can enjoy the best food, wine and beer that the city has to offer in addition to a fantastic musical festival. More than 80 of the city’s restaurants and food trucks participate. Take time to talk with famous chefs and winemakers and check out the Farm-to-Fork zone for fun and educational activities.
- Kids Euro-Fest – This month-long event begins in mid-October and transfer part of Washington into a European adventure. Experience European culture through a variety of live entertainment including dance, music, acrobats, opera, puppetry, magic and circus acts. It is a family event that is enjoyed by children, and adults, of all ages.
- Halloween in Washington, DC – Kids will love the National Zoo’s “Boo at the Zoo” event held each year while adults may prefer to spend their Halloween in Georgetown at the Nightmare on M Street bar crawl. Both events draw large crowds each year.
- Veteran’s Day – Each November, this special day is marked with activities throughout the city including special ceremonies at The Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Navy Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery and the National World War II Memorial. It is a wonderful way to celebrate the brave men and women who have fought to defend our country.
To find discount hotels in Washington, DC, help with car rentals or to book cheap flights, visit our booking page at Airlines Northwest.Google+