Now Disney lovers have more travel options than ever, and they can experience everything they love about Disney while also having the opportunity to visit unique destinations. One of the newest resorts is Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa, located in Ko Olina, Hawaii. This resort overlooks a white sand beach and picturesque cove and lagoon. The natural beauty of the area coupled with Disney flare makes this resort great for all travelers.
There are a number of dining establishment located in Ko Olina, but some of the best are found at the Aulani. There are three main dining establishments located within the resort, and they are discussed below:
- One Paddle, Two Paddle: This restaurant features quick service with wraps and sandwiches. It is also known for its homemade dessert and children’s menu.
- Makahiki: The Bounty of the Islands: This restaurant offers a dinner buffet in a casual atmosphere. It is also home to the resort’s morning “Breakfast with Character”, which features island fruits, daily specialties, and pastries while dining with some Disney Character favorites.
- ‘AMA’AMA: Contemporary Island Cooking: This restaurant is the resort’s signature dining establishment. It celebrates the fish and seafood for which it is named.
Things to Do
Parents and children alike will enjoy the Waikolohe Pool and water play area, and these features blend in with the surrounding natural beauty. The pool offers body and tub slides that are perfect for families, and the Rainbow Reef snorkel lagoon is also available for the adventurers to check out the local marine life.
Kids also enjoy the adventures and activities that can be found at the Disney Kids’ Club, Aunty’s Beach House. Kids at Aunty’s are able to use their imagination in a variety of ways under the supervision of qualified adults. Activities include:
- Nature and wildlife programs
- Hawaiian games
- Arts and crafts
- Wii video games
- Disney movies
- Sony PlayStation video games
Adults will enjoy the opportunity to relax in the 18,000 square foot spa. Experienced massage therapists and estheticians offer refreshing treatments and healing activities to help soothe the mind, body, and spirit. The fitness center and health club also offer steam rooms and saunas, and classes in tai chi and yoga are also available. Travelers that are visiting the Aulani for business purposes may also find the 15,000 square foot conference and convention center to be convenient along with the 40,000 square feet of outdoor venues that are available.